Submitted by Nute Chapman
From Presque Isle County Advance and Onaway Outlook
July 02, 2015
In remembrance of our Independence we chose a picture of one that was taken by Graig's Studio in Onaway. The picture was taken July Fourth of 1925. Looking closely one can see seven drivers ready to join the parade. The picture was taken from the corner of State Street and M-95, now M-211. It is of the Chevrolet and Buick Sales and Service Station that also sold Red Crown Gas. Looking over the cars on the right side, one can see the smokestack, water tower, and sawdust burner along with many of the buildings of the American Wood Rim Company. The road sign in the background is giving directions east and west on M-10, now M-68. The fourth car from the left is the Onaway State Savings Bank float entry. Two of the cars have a beaver mount as a hood ornament, and one of the cars has a 10-point buck mount on its hood.
From the Presque Isle County Advance and Onaway Outlook, July 02, 2015 page 7B.
Retyped by J. Anderson