Belding School
Compiled and Contributed by Nute Chapman, Jim Hall, and Sally Beatty



 BELDING SCHOOL Belding School, which is still standing, is located on the corner of Belding Road and
Gibbons Road. According to the 1903 Plat map, this school did not exist at that time
although a G. Belding did own land at that location. T.34N. � R.2E. Sec. 5 SE Corner
of Belding and Gibbons Hwy. The land was donated by George W. Belding who was also
the first teacher. TEACHERS Emma Porter was the first teacher (possibly the 2nd teacher)Leslie BurgessLester (Bud) StoutFrank Weir STUDENTS Dave BeldingOak BeldingHazel BowelsHilda BowlesRobert BowlesCharles CrossHelen CrossDick DunhamHelen DunhamMonroe DunhamLawrence McDonaldPat McDonaldJack MossElwood NashHelen NashHerman NashMaybelle NashGlen NewsteadJack NewsteadJoyce NewsteadMargaret NewsteadWally NewsteadBill Robinson � 1918Kathleen SmithFrancis StoverHattie StoverJim StoverJohn StoverRoy TrombleyBuel VarcoeHarold VarcoeJewell VarcoeEthel VarcoeTrea Whaley Compiled and Contributed by Nute Chapman, Sally Beatty, & Jim Hall

Return to HomePage