Camps in the area
Submitted by Nute Chapman
From Onaway Outlook December 27, 2013
Caption 1: THE FIRE tower cabin at Twin Lakes built by the Camp Black Lake crew. This was later purchased by the
Badgero family and moved south of Onaway to use as a hunting camp.
Caption 2: DAVE GREENE'S crew building Twin Lakes Road in 1936.
Caption 3: CAMP BLACK LAKE'S truck No. 77-S.
Caption 4: A CREW of Presque from the Pigeon River camp cutting ice at Ford Lake near the Pigeon River headquarters.
Caption 5: A CREW from the Pigeon River camp planting trees in the Pigeon River area in 1937.
Caption 6: A CREW peeling logs at the Presque Isle headquarters in 1938.
--Onaway Outlook December 27, 2013 pg. 7. Retyped by J.Anderson.