The first settlers moved to Krakow township in about 1870/1871. The township was named after a major city in
Poland as most of the settlers were from Poland. Others settlers were of German ancestry.
The first township meeting was held in a newly erected town hall on April 5, 1880. The following officers were
Supervisor, Charles ADRIAN
Town Clerk, Paul MUZINSKI
Treasurer, Mathias REMBOWSKI
Highway Commissioner, Jacob KUIAWA
School Supervisor, Jacob SKIBA
Justice of the Peace, Jacob SKIBA
Constable, Peter MISIAK
Most of the above were the first settlers of Krakow Township. Others moving into the area at a later date
were: August MILLER, John ZELASKOWSKI, Joseph MODRZYNSKI, Frank SMIGELSKI, Anton REMBOWSKI.