On November, 10, 1893, the Village of Vincent in the Township of Posen, Presque Isle County, was incorporated and included Section 9 and 15, Town 33 North, Range 6 East.
The name, Vincent, came from Vincent D. Vincent, who at that time owned much property and operated the Vincent Place Hotel. He was a dealer in general merchandise and forest products, a manufacturere of lumber and shingles, and operated a planing mill.
Then in 1907, the name of Vincent was dropped and the Village of Posen was incorporated. Since many of the people in the area were from Poland and Germany, the name was taken from the Polish Province, Poznan and the German spelling, Posen, was used.